Sunday, December 17, 2006

Shooting in My Color Modes- Sepia tones WOW

Ahh embracing technology and all it's amazing capabilities. Signed up for my You Tube account so I could publish the short movies I've taken on my digital camera. Took great pictures of Reyde's birthday, movies of his Christmas program where he cried the whole time, pictures of him hugging Santa, Jay's last day at AMMEX I-Support, the AMMEX Christmas party, movies of the employees singing, JAY singing, all to be lost to Canon not programming the 'ARE YOU SURE YOU WANT TO RESET THE MEMORY CARD? THIS WILL DELETE ALL SAVED ITEMS."

I spent Sunday afternoon reading my camera instruction booklet, figuring stuff out. Changing colors, changing tones, increasing volumes, yatta yatta yatta. Went to listen to Jay singing and there is nothing to playback. Oh shit. Read the booklet and see that it says in the booklet that resetting the memory card will erase everything. BUT CANON DIDN'T PROGRAM THE IDIOT PROOFING QUESTION "ARE YOU SURE?" I cried.

Here's the Sepia tone pics. Yeee haww.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/glovegalgab/sets/72157594427560178/detail/

James Mom and Aunt arrive on Tuesday night at 11pm. Joy is bringing the video of our house in Normandy Park. If I figure out how to download that, maybe I'll publish the movie of the trucks and the damage from the wind storm.

We are so grateful for the generous, kind people in our neighborhood. Got the call on my Friday night at 11.30 from Amy.

"Hi Amy, I was just getting ready to call Mom and see how everyone faired through the storm."

"Well, that is what I am calling about. (my stomach met my toes.) Mom is okay but her truck is not. Her cell phone is going dead, can you call Jim and Joy and ask them to come help. She's a bit shaky."

So I first call our neighbor Bill to see if he can come help. He said he's been outside and it looks pretty bad, that he can go over in about 15 minutes.

"Can you go right now? My mom is a bit shaken up."

"Sure." Thank God for Bill. Mom's SUV is toast, James truck is toast, and the fence is toast. But having a guy around made Mom feel better.

I came over to the condo and got my insurance policies, told James, and he got ahold of Jim.

Thank God for Jim. Jim headed over, took Mom to the store to get food and lukewarm coffee. In the meantime my claims are in and they say we can cut the tree off the trucks. Jim cleans up our yard and gets the trees off so the towing company can take the rigs away.

Mom is still without power, and my other neighbors Ross and Margo brought Starbuck's coffee to her today, and Bill to the rescue again, helps Mom load the dogs in the rental car.

Mom is now warm and toasty in her house in West Seattle. With the doggies. Oh and the turtles. Gotta make sure they don't freeze, so her sleepover is complete.

Thank God for Mom.

No comments: