Saturday, December 23, 2006

"No manacotti is the meal, Makati is the city"

Told Babs that her question about the city name would end up on my blog. Would have to quote her. So there it is.

Having a good time with Aunt Babs and Grandma Joy. Just getting ready to make our Christmas Eve meal, improvised scalloped potatos, ham, green beans, rolls, and a glass of wine if we can find a wine opener.

Rachel Ray would be proud of my scalloped potatos. Well, I should reserve that comment until we taste them. Couldn't find frozen hashbrowns, so I bought frozen french fries. Will cut them up, add sour cream and cream of mushroom soup, throw some cheddar cheese on it and bake. Don't know if the oven works, so the scalloped potatos may be sauteed.


Went sightseeing yesterday to Intramuros and downtown Manila. Enjoyed lunch at Max's Restaurant, with the tag line of "the restaurant that fried chicken built." Sat in the restaurant section holding a christening party....yes a christening at a restaurant similar to Sizzler's.

Went to a free concert at the mall of Christmas music. They ended the event with the fireworks I have linked on my You Tube account. Now that I successfully did this, more videos to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nniyGzAhmk0

Finally broke down and bought a coffee maker. Hadn't done so on principle. The fact is the furnished condo should have a coffee maker. But two coffee services bought at Starbucks is equal to the cost of the coffe maker. So had to do it.

Will have toast on Christmas morning. Borrowed the toaster from Loree's condo. Yes, another principle thing. I texted before I purchased one at the mall. Getting real good at texting.

And guess what? Another important day shared with Jon Bon Jovi. Walking into the lobby of the condo with Loree's toaster and I hear...."never say goodbye.." by my buddy Jon.

The Manila Adventure with Bon Jovi continues....

No comments: