Saturday, November 11, 2006

Family Portrait....

As interpreted by: Reyde Grantham
Media: Play Doh

I think he said from left to right, Reyde, Daddy and Mommy.

All is well, Reyde and James have almost 1 week under their belt. The transition to the time zone happened in the last few days. The first couple both of them were up from 11pm to 6am. Just a little off kilter. Have gone to the mall a couple times, gone to the grocery store a couple times, and James is now feeling a bit more comfortable in where he is.

Went to Starbuck's on Saturday morning after I got off work. Sat outside and watched the Saturday morning routine of the city. James has observed that life is at a slower pace here; and I absolutely agree. People go to Starbucks with friends, order coffee and stay there to drink it and visit. I've become accustomed to Starbucks being a destination and an event; I told James that when we get home, we'll be walking up to North Hill Espresso and going in for coffee. Heather, the owner/barista, won't know what to do with us visiting for a 1/2 hour or more! I commented on this to the employees in Manila and they asked what do we do with our coffee? I said we go thru the drive thru or buy it and go back into our cars! We do everything in our cars!

Every Saturday morning, there is a food market at the park near our condo. Amazing smells. Organic fruit and veggies for sale as well. We'll be trying some of the foods next weekend.

After our morning out, we headed up to the pool for Reyde to play.

The water is not heated, but quite refreshing. He played around the edge mostly; when I get in today, I'm sure he'll get in. Brrr!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the interpretative family portrait. The picure you have of Dad and us is one of my favorites. I can see the family resemblence over time!