Thursday, November 19, 2009

Umbrellas and turtlenecks

UMBRELLAS
I am 40 and 11/12ths. Why is it that I begin using an umbrella now? It is beyond me why I am concerned about being wet now. I've lived here all my life. I'm using a $1 dollar umbrella from China. It's as random as my train of thought here.

TURTLENECKS
I want my neck to be warm. It's cold outside, and I sit in the convergence zone at AMMEX. Right smack in the middle of the two zones of heat. Lots of cool area buzzing about and a little like playing, "HOT/COLD". As I walk to the conference room, I hear in my mind, "you're getting warmer, warmer, warmer, HOT." Same deal walking to the ladies room.

So I head to the mall tonight to get a sweater that I saw on a gal at lunch. No such luck. Plenty of sweaters with V necks, scoop necks, exposed necks. Okay, no need to show my cleavage in November, December, January. I think I'll pull out my $2 scarf that I picked up in 06 at the Great Wall.

Nothing fashionable about my umbrella and scarf. Functional? Check. Affordable? Check.

No comments: