Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Birthday Festival

What a fabulous birthday festival I had. First my dear friend Colleen and I went out for dinner and tried new foods we wouldn't do when out with the boys. I don't recommend tofu fries. I don't think Colleen will either.

Then on Friday the 5th, a group of us went to Buca di Beppo's for some pasta. I sent a quick email that said, "Good God I'm turning 40, let's go eat some pasta." So we did.

This next photo is for all my Filipino co-workers. Andrea noticed me eating with my fork and big spoon. Said I had a lot of experience with a big spoon in Manila. Very comfortable. Just like old times. (In the Philippines, it is common to eat with a big spoon, like a serving spoon, and a fork. No knife. Just shovel in with the spoon. It's quite efficient, right Mom?)

Lot's of laughs, thanks to all of my friends. I'd have to say that Andrea stole the show. She is so funny. And being around her inspires you to take life less serious, laugh at yourself, and laugh at the crazy pretentious society we've become.

That's Andrea on the left, Dawn, and well, you know.

Andrea thought of the idea to send my camera recording a video around the table on the lazy Susan. Yeah, so when you watch it, she's the gal at the end. Said that maybe she'd stop doing that now that she sees what it looks like. Okay, right. Doubt it. But it was a brilliant idea.


Prior to her brilliant idea was Sherrilyn's to ask Vicky and Larry to drive the daycare van. 8 of us piled into the new van and did a pub crawl after having dinner. Hadn't planned on staying out til 1.30am. Finally went to the Bull Pen on Pacific Hwy. Wow. That was an experience.

And while we had a bit to drink, it was not one of the adults to christen the van with the upchucks. We left it to one of the daycare children. Seemed a bit more appropriate don't you think?

So here's to turning 40 and putting some glitz back in my life. So says the card my sissy la la gave to me.
Does the glitz count if it comes in the form of glitter on my new blue and white snowflake flannel sheets? Woops. Didn't realize I bought them with glitter. Hmmm...did they somehow adhere the glitter super fabulous. Nope.

"James, make sure to wash your face real good. Otherwise you will go to work with glitter on your forehead."


"Thanks Wendy."






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! :-)

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, a good time was had by all! Hope to see you again soon! Love Dawn

Unknown said...

Its not glitter, Wendy, its fairy dust!! James can tell his co workers that.