Sunday, October 28, 2007

A new level to friendship...

Got a friend who's been through hell and is coming out of the coals. We have little contact but I check her blog regularly to see if she's posted. It's a whole new side of friendship, to just check in anonymously. Love the technology age.

Quite the writer she is....I love this excerpt. So had to copy and paste. Enjoy. Raise your cup to the heavens, close your eyes, and bring life to those hopes, dreams, and aspirations.

....I also like this quote from John Nash she uses in her book. John Nash is the main character in the movie Beautiful Mind. Later in his life he was asked if he still saw the people who were not there. His reply, "See them? Oh yes, I see them, but I choose not to acknowledge them. Because like all of our dreams and all of our nightmares, you have to feed them for them to live."

So here's to feeding our dreams and starving our nightmares. Stilling the voices who keep us from being who we were created to be. And celebrating the voices which us lead us to the place where our dreams come true.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wendy,
That is it! I am not able to view your blog at my break at work!! Either I am laughing so hard it borders on inappropriate for the workplace or I am crying. It is hard to be taken seriously when I am blotchy.

You are one of my voices that moves me to bring my dreams to life.
XO,
Sissy La-La

Fara Linn Reed said...

Here's to a friendship that has lasted through the years, the miles and the many changes of our lives. You are a voice to dreams and a smile better than any other

Fara