Friday, October 26, 2007

I thought long nose hairs were just for old men!

From time to time I'll stop in to Mom's shop and she'll be trimming an older man's hair. When finished, she'll buzz the neck line, and trim up long hair growing out of their ears and nose.

NEVER THOUGHT about long nose hairs (why is the plural hairs instead of hi?) and me.

So we went to the beach last weekend with Amy and Katie. Amy and I are in the bathroom and we revert back to the teenage years vying for mirror space.

"Let me get closer. Time to check out the pimple situation." I say to Amy as I shoulder my way into the vanity area.

"Yeah, the lighting is really good at the beach for that."

Raising my chin, I achieve the optimum angle for analysis, only to find I have long dark brown nose hairs inching there way past the flesh of my nose. Hmmm...do I have scissors and home to take care of this? I'M GETTING OLD.

As we drove home on Sunday afternoon, I am still bothered by this fact. Then I chuckle, remembering when I found my tear ducts in highschool.

Sitting in the cafeteria with a little lipstick mirror, I find an enormous black head in the corner of my eye. I spent the entire lunch period trying to get rid of it. I spent all afternoon worrying it away. My eye was so red. Mom got home and I showed her.

"Wendy, that's your tear duct."

No comments: