Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Keeping it short and sweet....


I haven't had time to upload to flickr or write my long winded narrative of the visit with Grandma Joy and Aunt Babs. Suffice it to say, it was WONDERFUL having family here. Rang in the new year with my buddy Jon Bon...(no need to say Jovi now, we are are the 2 name basis.)

As James and I walked down to the New Year's Celebration on the streets...

"Do you hear that?"

"What?"

"It's Jon Bon Jovi! See I couldn't miss an important date without him."

ka-BOOM, goes the M-80 to the 3rd power.

"Never say goodbye...never say good by ee eyeeee."

And to keep everyone up to date, since I am so long winded...they love Jon Bon here. I hear him singing everywhere, tourist spots, 7-11, taxis, McDonalds... Ohh..tried to "McDo" burger.

"What's a Mcdo burger (pronounced Mc due.)" I inquire at work.

"It's a regular burger. But you say it, Mc dough."

"That's good, because Mc-due doesn't sound so appetizing." (It wasn't that tasty.)

And I am here for work, that's what brought us here. AMMEX opened a sales office to support the USA office and sell into the USA market.

And we finally found paper towels at the store...2 rolls of Bounty only $4 US. We are paying $8 US for fresh milk. Yowser....

3 months have passed, we are on the down side of the hill now.

I miss Turbo and Nitro...Reyde misses grass...and James missed his truck that appears to be totaled by Allstate.

Oh and one more thing. Aunt Babs wanted a picture of a security guard. They are everywhere in Makati. I pass by 6-8 in my 2 block walk to work
.

1 comment:

samapurplelover said...

Hey there guys. This is James' couson Samantha in Delaware. Your Christmas card is cool. This is the first time that I am doing this blogger thing. I hope that I am doing it correctly. I am sorry to hear about the trucks. We had a flood a few years ago that totaled my brand new car. It realy sucks. I like your Christmas tree. Well hope that you get this.