Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Thankful

It's a crazy world. This economy, crappy human behavior, people without, people with too much, trying to keep up with the Joneses, trying to do more and more every day.

I think I heard Tom Petty singing "Life is a Highway,"you know, that "Cars Movie" theme song.

....life is a highway and I wanna ride it all night long... Oh, it's a Rascal Flatts song. At any rate, I am ready to take the next exit and stop at the diner for pie and ice cream.

It's June 30th and I keep thinking to myself, I can't wait for summer. Summer doesn't usually start til mid July in Seattle. But we've had a great June and I have to remind myself to be in the present and remember that tomorrow is not summer, it is today.

I am thankful for all that God has provided. I go to sleep each night saying "Thank you God. For today and all that you provided. And for taking care of my son and my husband. For my health and shelter. Please continue being with me."

No comments: