Sunday, April 19, 2009

Versus

Hot, Flat, and Crowded by Thomas Friedman
or
Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
A customer came by on Friday. I walked her out to her car and as she opened her trunk she asked me if I'd read any of Meyer's books. Nope, sure not. Until now. On page 90 of Twilight. I have book 2 & 3, with an offer from a guy at work for book 4. So here's the conundrum. I should be reading Friedman's book for work. REQUIRED reading due by April 20ish. He's so wordy and so much information to understand and absorb. My reading rate is 20 pages per hour on this book. Yeah, about 45 pages per hour on Twilight. I know what I should be reading. But isn't there some famous quote about never shoulding yourself?It's not like I can fake knowing what that last 200 pages are about in Hot, Flat, and Crowded. But I just want to get to the part when Bella figures out Edward is....

1 comment:

Sara said...

I just want to know what "guy" at work has all the twilight books! :)
Definitely keep reading twilight. I never thought I would EVER like a book about...